Healing doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy a sweet treat when you need one! The Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies I am sharing with you today are delicious and have none of the harmful ingredients often found in some store-bought kinds. The bright pop of raspberry jam nestled in a rich, nutty dough makes these gorgeous cookies a wonderful treat for yourself, to share with friends or family, or pack into your children's school lunchboxes.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup coconut sugar or maple sugar
- ½ teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- ½ cup white sesame seeds
- ½ cup raspberry jam (see Tips, below)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.
Process together the tahini, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract in a food processor until smoothly combined. Add the almond flour mixture to the food processor and pulse until well combined. If mixture is still crumbly, add water by the tablespoon as needed until smooth dough forms.
Form the dough into 1-inch balls and roll them in the sesame seeds before placing them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Leave at least 2 inches between the cookies. Press a thumbprint into the center of each cookie and place the cookies into the oven. Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove the cookies from the oven and fill each one with 1 teaspoon of raspberry jam. Place the cookies on a wire rack to cool.
Almond Flour Bread (with walnuts)
In large bowl add:
1 1/2 cups Almond Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill brand)
1/3 cup Flax seed (ground)
1 tbsp psyllium husk powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp. Monk Fruit sugar substitute
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Place on side.
In a large mixer bowl beat:
4 eggs add:
1/4 cup melted coconut oil (or butter)
1/2 tsp vanilla flavoring
1/2 tsp almond flavoring
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×4-inch loaf pan or line with parchment paper. Combine the almond flour, ground flax seed, psyllium husk powder, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Place aside. Beat all wet ingreds. Add the almond flour mixture, walnuts and stir just until combined. Spread into prepared loaf pan.Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bread is golden and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Allow to cool on wire rack for at least 15 minutes before removing from pan. Then cool completely. Can be wrapped and stored at room temperature for up to 2 days or refrigerated for up to a week. For longer storage, freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition: Serving: 1slice | Calories: 129cal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 0.8mg